Review: Two Pesos At SS2

Just came back from a warm hearty meal at Two Pesos. Initially I thought it's a new restaurant from the Philippines given the name Pesos. But I was wrong.
They serve Taiwanese meal at an affordable price, hence the name Pesos.
That was what I was told by one of the friendly staff there.
Please note that this is a non-halal restaurant.
Everytime I pass by SS2 (along Chatime) I see this place packed to the brim and I have always wanted to give it a try. Today is my lucky day. The crowd was not as banyak as usual. Maybe semua sudah balik kampung for CNY.
These chairs and the walkway are usually filled with waiting customers, both standing and sitting. So you can imagine this place memang dapat sambutan yang besar since its opening. Tapi sayangnya only one outlet at the moment. 
Word has it that the second outlet will be in the pipeline after CNY.
I was fortunate to get a seat with only 3 people waiting in line and that did not take long. 
All  under 10 minutes.
The staff carefully explained to me how the ordering of the meal works. I was clueless as this was my first time there. I love their friendly approach and even go into detail on the soup description and what is their best sellers.
I just love the way the menu is presented and how we order.
Jimat kertas! And can be re-used again without wasting papers. How environment friendly!
After selecting the hot pot flavour that you desire, simply tick with the colour pencil on a meat selection, a noodle selection or your add ons. As easy as ABC.
The marked tick can be removed with just a simple wipe if tissue. 
Love the clever menu.
This set we selected was the Mongolian Herbs Pot priced at RM14.00
 I ordered some minor add ons like the Enoki Mushrooms (RM3) and beef balls (RM 3) which I feel is fairly reasonable.
 This was another add on we ordered. 
4 pieces of rich stuffed dumplings that were priced at only RM 3.80

This is a single pot by per person makan. I was not very hungry and decided to just order a pot to share with my dad plus some add ons. The Mongolian Soup Base was not spicy and overall I would give it a rating of 4.5/5.
It definitely met both of our expectations.
 At the corner you can create your own sauce to your liking.

The crowd and ambience
 Two Pesos attracts quite a huge number of young crowd but families were seen dining there too. It's basically a fuss free hot pot ala steamboat style with your very own healthy soup base. Suitable even for my dad who loves to drink soup. He totally enjoyed his meal today.
Staff were really friendly and customer service was good. Cleanliness is good too.
The staff were quick in clearing the tables where guests have finished their meals, making turn-around time fast.
 Kudos! Everything was so systematic, prim and proper.
Ordering is done even before you step into the shop or while waiting.
 And,here's my bill for the night! I think it's very reasonable.
Will be back to try the other unique soup base.
Two Pesos opens from 12pm - 3pm for lunch 
and 6pm to 11pm for dinner.
Address: 7, Jalan SS2/67, 47300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor

For more info, log on to:

or follow them on these social media sites.
I must say they know their target audience well. So social media savvy!

Comments

  1. I finally tried this awesome steamboat place!
    http://www.huislaw.com/2015/07/two-pesos-ss2-mini-taiwan-steamboat/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts