Restaurant Goon Wah SStwo Mall (Food Review)

Just two weeks ago, the famous Goon Wah Restaurant of Kuchai Lama opened its doors in SStwo Mall (so much closer to me) and I couldn't be happier. Over this  week alone, I have dined there 3 times already. 
Please note that this is a non-halal restaurant.
Having been to their first outlet in Kuchai Lama, 
(G13, Block KP 2, Jalan 3/115C, Taman Kuchai Jaya, Off Jalan Kuchai Lama, 58200 Kuala Lumpur)
I was more than ready to taste and compare the food here. 
To my delight it's as good as the original outlet. 

Restaurant Goon Wah's latest outlet is located at  Lot G49-50 at SStwo Mall 
PJ folks can now rejoice because they need not go so far anymore for great food. 
The Kuchai Lama outlet is not open on Saturdays and Sundays. The best part is, their second outlet in SStwo Mall is open daily from Mondays to Sundays, 10am - 10pm.  
The ambience here is cozy with gentle lighting and comfortable to the eyes (not too bright). The place is air conditioned for maximum comfort for the diners.
The food is reasonably priced and the service is fast. 
My food came under 8 minutes.
 I was so shocked! 
Since the dishes are so affordable and tasty, I can predict that within a month or two when word gets around, this place will be so packed with people.
 Let me share with you some of my favourite dishes.
But before I begin, do make sure you get hold of this chilli. Request from the waiters.
This  sambal-like- chilli certainly makes a difference and makes the food tastes SO GOOD!
OK! Let's begin! 
First on my list is the 
Treasure Box Claypot Loh See Fun
Priced at RM12.90 (Available in one size only) 
It can actually feed up to two people (bagi yang tak kuat sangat makan)
The Loh See Fun is filled with a generous portion of  minced pork and "har mai"(udang kering)/fried dried shrimps. This is my favourite dish by far.
 There is a technique in eating this dish. 
To avoid the bottom being burnt, stir with the two huge spoons and after mixing it well, place both spoons at the bottom of the claypot to avoid over burning the loh see fun.

Next on my list is their famous Claypot XO Fish Head Noodles which is their signature dish.
It is available in 3 sizes.
Small RM 10.90
Medium RM 15.90
Big RM 24.90
This is the only place I take my fish head noodles as the fishy smell is not overwhelming and the soup base is very appetizing (slightly sourish) 
When your soup is low, you can ask for a refill at no extra charge. These pots are considerately heated to maintain the heat for the soup. It warms my tummy drinking it. Yum! thumb's up!
 The Claypot XO Fish Head Noodle is served using thick noodles 

The next must try is the Kong Nam Mee
Small RM 13.90
Big RM 17.90
 The noodles are slighty fried giving it a crunchy feel. This is my mom's favourite dish. 
The overflowing gravy and "liu" (so perfect in taste) blends in so nicely with the noodles.

And my other favourite dish is their Fried Rice
Small RM 11.90
Big RM 15.90
 The Fried Rice is rich in toppings too! It contains crunchy salted fish and chopped sausages which makes the dish a wonder dish. 

 Here 's a quick look in summary on the dishes they serve there. 

Restaurant Goon Wah is also on these social media platforms below:
Head over there now before it gets too crowded because the food is simply AWESOME there!
Bon Appetite! 


Comments

  1. Never heard of this restaurant but your review has made me write down the address!
    Everything looks so good and the fact that you've eaten there 3 times in a single week is recommendation enough.
    Thanks, always love your food posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U can also try google for their maiden outlet Restaurant Goon Wah Kuchai Lama / Goon Wah XO Fish Head Noodle. U will see tons of reviews too. If u r in PJ, you may go to SSTWO MALL. If u stay in KL, go to the Kuchai Lama one. Tell me if it's any good.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts